After changing my clutch I was ready to put some miles (Kms) on the Ural, but the Gremlins wanted to play. I rode to work and my bike would be hard to start, but eventually would. I left work for home and stopped at the gas station first. After filling up, it wouldn’t start. I had the battery tested and it read full with plenty of cranking amps. I called my son to bring the trailer. Got home and the diagnosing began. I could not kick start it (never been able to), but noted there was good compression. No spark at the plugs.
A comrade on the Soviet Steeds forum pointed me to the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS). I pulled mine and it was obvious it was the bad seed. I ordered a new one and as soon as it arrived, I installed it and started the bike. Success! Gremlin evicted.